Up date - Birthday or Funeral?







                                                                        WHATsUP
Weebew Kids Club
Sat. & Sun.
3pm





Yes it is July 4th in Naga City; yes the roosters are alive and never quiet, even at 4:30am.
Today is my sort of Independence Day?  My wife's birthday;  yes the day I hope to reprieve myself from all my strange American quirks.

The day I shine with flowers and gifts of love, to show my Rowena on her birthday, I am really not as strange as they may think?

Every morning, every afternoon they sit and chat in our store, about me, about what?  English is never spoken, so my extensive Tagalog vocabulary 'See' is lost!

Friends, if they laugh or complain about me, I can still smile, because ' me no comprendo'!

Ok, on my morning walk I pass hundreds of small shops, so this day before her birthday, I still need something besides roses.

Shopping on the streets of Naga is like going to the worlds biggest flea market, without the fleas!  The small shops are neatly aligned rows or categories;  like keys, door handles, hardware, fruits, used clothing, new clothing, and my stop marble engraving shops.
J.A.AUSTIN STONEWORKS AND MARBLE SUPPLY
Barin St. Sta Cruz, Naga City



It is my opinion as a man you never known what to buy your wife?  This morning I stop at marble row, the first shop, ah, they speak and understand my English.

Let's go back to my business in Pinellas Park, Fl. For almost 20 years I shared my business location with All American Trophy Works.  So when you don't know what to buy her, why not a beautiful plaque?  Then I would ask Tom,  my cycling partner, my motocross bud, what to do?

Yes, Tom and I almost every day around 4:30 pm we would sit and chat; maybe just like the women, but men stuff, motocross, children, wives, the landlord, cycling, crazy mike, just life.

Sometime before my walk this morning I write an idea for the plaque, but now without Tom to consult.

So at the marble shop, they copy my writing, ok, 2,500 Peso. Ok, tomorrow by 3pm I will pick it up. A deal, I leave a deposit. Total In US money that's $50.













Rowena
Then down a few blocks across from the E mall is a little flower shop.  I pick out a nice bouquet of roses, 600 pesos, and 50 pesos for delivery.  US money $15



LE BOUQUET FLOWER SHOP
Zone 4 Rizal San Fernando, Camarines Sur
Joselito M. Ortiz - Prop.





Today I want to give a shout out to the two small businesses mentioned.  In my time of need as an American in Naga, thank you for your quick and honest support. Please stop in and let them know you saw them on
Napkins & Roosters


Just in case you're wondering about the Funeral part of this story; well just as at my wedding, when the Mayor said Mr. York, Mr. York, Mr. York it is not time to kiss her yet( everyone is laughing)
and well me no- comprendo'!

Ok, it's time to open the plaque, Rowena is carefully taking of the paper warping, the expression on her face is now pricless!
Then everyone is laughing at me again; what in my quest for a I thought a truly unique gift was viewed as a funeral plaque? OMG!

Their thoughts, these marble plaques are just for dead people; but I am the hero, beause when she shows the plaque to her girls friends, everyday are they jealous, do they hope there man will be so imaginative?  Positive or negative?

Just a late thought; use this plaque as a headstone on your bed ?

You decide?


Just one more item for the small party the Red Ribbon all Cholocote Cake
 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is learning social skills difficult, and does it take a long time? What are the most appropriate steps to learn to communicate? Does critical thinking have a role in social communication?

The Days of Dirt and Dust; back in the day, East Coast Motocross

David against Goliath!