What is the best way to write a speech?








Question on Quora

Interesting question; speeches are about a story, a topic, a view or maybe something your boss said you must present?
Before I joined Toastmasters I was a race event promoter for 12 years, my idea of a speech was instructing the athletes about the race rules. When I joined Toastmasters, I then realized how bad a speaker I was!
Speaking to audiences is one thing, but putting together cogent sentences is what matters.
A speech should have 4 parts:
  1. The title: keep it short ( I Have a Dream) famous words in a Martin Luther King (MLK) speech. Actually not the title.
  2. The opening: if you know your audience; it could be a joke or a quote to get the attention of the audience. Always mention who the quote is by.
  3. The body: too much info will bore your audience; basically just 3 main points.
  4. The close: Always try to create a close that incorporates your opening idea, or title.
As I learned Toastmasters is the best place to start about how to write and give speeches. Search www.toastmasters.org, for a club near to you.
More: www.napkinsroosters.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is learning social skills difficult, and does it take a long time? What are the most appropriate steps to learn to communicate? Does critical thinking have a role in social communication?

The Days of Dirt and Dust; back in the day, East Coast Motocross

David against Goliath!