Why is School Important?





BackStory with the American History Guys


So I hope you read my blogs about Naga City? Some may remember;
The words "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds" - while by no means an official creed or motto of the United States Postal Service - have long been associated with the American postman.

One day I asked my sweetheart why these kids are not in school? Oh, it's raining? What?  Gee, I thought going to school was important?

Wow, each minute I have here in the Philippines is precious, how vital is Weebew Club?

I started with every kid I saw "What's Up" What's Up" Weebew  Club
Wow, that same day they came to find out about this Weebew Club?


Over the years I developed my teaching style "The class clown style."
Each week during football season at Pasadena Fundamental 5th grade, I opened the class with a moment of silence for the Florida Gators? That season the Gators were losing every game, and my precious Florida Seminoles were winning.  The Gator fans would moan and groan, but they loved it.

What I was learning was make learning fun, challenge them, be firm, and positive, every week when I showed up they cheered. When you read some of the comments, you get it why create Weebew Club. "Why changing the world one child at a time matters. "

                                                                       WHATsUP
Weebew Club
Chole 12 years old the winner of our first ever speech contest 2007

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is learning social skills difficult, and does it take a long time? What are the most appropriate steps to learn to communicate? Does critical thinking have a role in social communication?

The Days of Dirt and Dust; back in the day, East Coast Motocross

David against Goliath!