What will be the highest and the lowest if you’re going to rate your English communication skills?


                                                                          WHATsUP

2015, The Battle of the Champions, Steven, Michael
and York

Question on Quora

Great question, mostly I started writing because when I became a Toastmaster, I had to write my speeches, at first. Then I learned to write them in my head, and my speaking improved 100%.
Sadly my grammar skills are the worst Grammarly helps some. Then I read:

Srinivas talks about his struggles to become a writer; then he started writing 1000 words a day. Now years later he has published three books.
So I decided to try, I have my blog: Napkins & Roosters (Napkins & Roosters) and I answer questions on Quora about public speaking, I write about life and common sense on the blog. Never have I dreamed I could reach the level of the folks I read.
Toastmasters introduced me to the Youth Leadership Program (YLP); I created (http://www.youthspeakingtoameica.zohosites.com) in 2007 and taught 18 public speaking programs to students in the USA, and now over 30 here in Naga City.
My goal has always been just to mentor and give back. As a Triathlete I could not swim very well, coaches told me I would never be a good swimmer, so why waste time in a pool, improve your bike and run, why spend time on something you can’t grow like my grammar? Also, yes my last year as an athlete I retired undefeated?
There are lots of outstanding writers, not me; my goal is to teach, my skill level maybe 5?

Comments

  1. The grammarly plugin interface makes me think I'm in fourth grade all over again. When I open it, I believe that it is my Catholic School nun scolding me again. A colleague overheard me bitching in a round table and sent me INK 4 All, I appreciate how noninvasive it is

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Is learning social skills difficult, and does it take a long time? What are the most appropriate steps to learn to communicate? Does critical thinking have a role in social communication?

The Days of Dirt and Dust; back in the day, East Coast Motocross

David against Goliath!